The 4th edition of the ITA Tunnelling Awards took place in Chuzhou, November the 7th, following the 20th CTUC conference (Chinese Tunnels and Underground Works Conference), with more than 300 attendees.
Through 8 categories and 1 Lifetime Achievement Awards, the ITA Tunnelling Awards identify and reward major disruptive innovations and groundbreaking projects.
- Major Project of the Year (over €500M) : The Immersed Tunnel of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge – China
- Project of the Year (between €50M and €500M) : The Queershan Tunnel on National Road 317 – China
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation (up to €50M) : Zarbalizadeh Shallow Tunnel Construction underneath the Operating Railways – Iran
- Technical Project Innovation of the year : A Mechanized Method with Large Section Horseshoe Shape EPB-TBM First Applied in Loess Mountain Tunnel – China
- Technical Product/Equipment Innovation of the year : Multifunctional Energy-Storage and Luminescent Material for Sustainable and Energy-saving Lighting for Tunnels – China
- Innovative Underground Space Concept of the year: Norwegian Rock Blasting Museu – Norway
- Safety Initiative of the Year: ROBY 850 Semi-Automatic Drilling Robot – Hong Kong, China
- Young Tunneller of the year: Giuseppe M. Gaspari – Italy
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Evert Hoek – Canada