The InFum will bring together all sectors related to the underground mining industry and the research community to share knowledge and practical experience. The symposium will be held in the vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 1st to 3rd, 2023 at the campus of the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio).
Among the invited lecturers, some ITA-related people will participate like Tom Melbye, Alun Thomas and Tarcisio Celestino and also some other professors and researchers on the topic, like Marc Jolin (Laval University), Alberto de la Fuente (UPC, Barcelona), among others.
The programme includes the following topics:
- Rebound and placement of shotcrete for tunnel linings
- Use of steel fiber reinforced sprayed concrete in the final lining of conventionally excavated tunnels
- Computer controlled application of shotcrete: new trends on the mechanization of the industry
- Latest innovations on shotcrete admixtures to the mix fresh and hardened properties
- Durability development in sprayed concrete for rock support
- Advancements on the shotcrete nozzleing process
- On the methods for guaranteeing shotcrete placement quality control
- A general overview of the mechanical tests to design fiber reinforced shotcrete as ground support for underground mining works
- Application of the latest machine learning computational methods on the shotcrete lining properties evaluation
You can already register here: https://infum.com.br/registration/