ITA-AITES President Arnold Dix has launched a worldwide Lego Technic tunnel boring machine (TBM) design competition in partnership with The Lego Group which is based in Denmark.
This initiative aims to inspire the next generation of tunnel boring machines and civil engineers.
The competition is intended to inspire the young, and also the the not-so-young to create an prototype Lego Technics TBM to be hosted on the Lego Technic website to evaluate consumer reaction. Lego should receive more than 10,000 likes for the prototype Technics TBM in order to proceed to a full technical assessment of a global ITA TBM Technic kit.
Details of the competition:
- Open Entry – no fees – no restrictions
- Submission of Entry: Submit details of your TBM entry to ITA Secretariat Secretariat - ITA Activities (ita-aites.org)
- (Limit of 30 still Photographs – 1000 words max feature description and an explanatory video of technical features not exceeding 5 Minutes).
- Condition: agree to assign any and all TBM LEGO IP to ITA for ITA STEM Education funding
- Apply to be a Judge (Message Arnold Dix directly on LinkedIn: Arnold Dix | LinkedIn )– must be familiar with TBMs and be part of ITAs World Wide Underground construction family
Close of Entries: 31 December 2023
ITA Winner Announced: February 2024
LEGO Voting online: March 2024