- Animateur: Eric Leca (France)
- Vice-Animateur: Chungsik Yoo (South Korea)
- Tutor: Soren Eskesen (Denmark)
- Report presented by Eric Leca.
Participants (2 meetings held)
Twelve members from nine countries present: Austria (1), China (2), Denmark (1), Korea (1), France (2), Italy (1), Netherland (1), Spain (1), United States (2)
- Review of the minutes of the Helsinki meeting
- Review of draft recommendation on Site Investigations
- Review of other on-going activities
- Discussion on future works
- Strategy for Site Investigations for Tunnelling Projects
- Follow up Document to the 2004 Guidelines on Risk Assessment
- Fibre Reinforced Cast Concrete
Status of recommendation under preparation
- Title of Recommendation: Strategy For site investigations For Tunnelling Projects
- This action is part of a joint initiative with ISRM
- Revised draft was reviewed during the first meeting.
- Provide case histories
- Elaborate on contractual aspects
- Discussion on contractual aspects took place during second meeting with WG 3.
It was agreed that WG 2 and WG 3 would cooperate to:
- Review practices in different countries
- Prepare a joint position paper
- Objective: issue final draft in the coming year
Work on Risk Management
- Work since last year has primarily focused on identification and preparation of case histories
- More case histories expected from Europe, Asia, America
Works of Concrete used as Tunnel Lining
- Draft document on Fibre Reinforced Concrete
- Paper to address recent developments and potential applications
- Will incorporate case histories on international practices.
32 / 46
- Cooperation with FIB
- Invitation by FIB to start a joint initiative on concrete used for tunnel lining
- Scope may include durability, use of plain concrete, fibber reinforcement, high strength concrete
- Possible future activity: Tools on assessing performance of underground construction for meeting sustainable development objectives.
- Draft program for training session on site investigations.