Through 8 categories and 1 Lifetime Achievement Award, the ITA Tunnelling Awards identifies and reward major disruptive innovations and groundbreaking projects.
This edition, the event took place in Chuzhou, November the 7th, following the 20th CTUC conference (Chinese Tunnels and Underground Works Conference). After two days of presentations, case studies and technical conferences, the Awards ceremony was a successful finale and offered the audience an immersion in of ancient China. With more than 300 attendees for the 4th edition (day and ceremony), the ITA Tunnelling Awards confirms its position as a reference for recognizing major projects and innovations on-going in the world.
- Major Project of the Year (over €500M): The Immersed Tunnel of the Hong Kong-ZhuhaiMacao Bridge Link - China
- Project of the Year (between €50M and €500M): The Queershan Tunnel on National Road 317 – China
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation (up to €50M): Zarbalizadeh Shallow Tunnel Construction underneath the Operating Railways - Iran
- Technical Project Innovation of the year: A Mechanized Method with Large Section Horseshoe Shape EPB-TBM First Applied in Loess Mountain Tunnel - China
- Technical Product/Equipment Innovation of the year: Multifunctional Energy-Storage and Luminescent Material for Sustainable and Energy-saving Lighting for Tunnels - China
- Innovative Underground Space Concept of the year: Norwegian Rock Blasting Museum - Norway
- Safety Initiative of the Year: ROBY 850 Semi-Automatic Drilling Robot - Hong Kong, China
- Young Tunneller of the year: Giuseppe M. Gaspari - Italy
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Evert Hoek - Canada