The Tunneling Chamber within The Israel Union of Construction and Infrastructure Engineers has organized a single workshop and took part in the 7th Annual Conference during 2011:
The March workshop included three lectures:
- Project management of a tunneling project with several working heads scattered along a large geographical area. By: O. Tibi of Linom Construction Co.
- Transfer from design and bidding stage to actual construction. By. H. Steren of Dana Engineering.
- Road no. 1: Tunnelling at shallow cover below a main highway. By: A. Rozen of ARE.
The November Conference included six lectures:
- Tunnel No. 1 on the A1 rapid rail line to Jerusalem: Design of the construction. By. A. Bachar of Minrac Construction Co.
- Mechanical urban tunneling – a special challenge. By: Dr. N. Della Valle, Tunnel Consult
- Geometrical considerations on the design of road tunnels. By: A. Viazmenski, Albex Engineering.
- Integration of the Yokneam Tunnel into the roads system in Northern Israel. By. K. Satat, Tedem Engineering
- Guidelines for the design of road tunnels. By: R. Zilberstein of Ami Metom and A. Rozen of ARE.
- Design and behavior of sock tunnels during earthquakes. By: A. Rozen.