Tunnels and caverns under construction
- 1. New road tunnel FV 456 Kolsdalen, 2,2 km of highway tunnel
- 2. Dalsfjordsambandet, two highway tunnels of 2,2 and 1,9 km resp.
- 3. Jondalstunnelen, 8 km of highway tunnel
- 4. E6 Øyer – Tretten, road tunnel
- 5. The T – connection, 9 km subsea roadtunnels
- 6. Ryaforbindelsen, 5 km subsea road tunnel
- 7. Lørentunnelen, 1 km underground road system
- 8. Bremanger connection, 5 km of highway tunnel
- 9. Kvivstunnelen, road tunnel
- 10. Vossapakko, road tunnel
- 11. RV 48 Helland – Havsgaardsdalen, road tunnel
- 12. Jøssingfjord underground hydroelectric power project
- 13. Rendalen HEP
- 14. Øksendalsoverføringen water transfer tunnel
- 15. Storforshei, access tunnels for mine development
- 16. Fv 78 Toventunnelen, road tunnel, length 10,5 km
- 17. Many smaller projects
Totally 76 tunnelling projects were under construction during the year 2011.
During the year 2011 the underground activity in Norway was nearly similar compared to the year 2010. Excavated volume from underground openings reaching about 4,6 mill. m3. Total length of underground openings was in the range of 72 km. Excavation of road tunnels was by far the biggest sector with more than 3,3 mill. m3 followed by tunnels for mining and underground storage with a volume of 0,4 mill. m3.
The outlook for 2012 is that there will be an increase in the rock excavation activity compared to 2011. Several railway and road tunnels are in the final planning stage and the Government is boosting their early start up.